- Bases of the Theory of the self-organizing geographic information systems are created
- Methods, algorithms and the software of geoinformation systems are developed for the solution of problems of monitoring, modeling and a state assessment of environment and a subsoil in the field of a landscape science, geology and hydrogeology.
- Geoinformation systems for management of the oil and gas extraction enterprises are developed.
- The principles and methods of developing of geographic information systems are developed for the management of spatial engineering networks of various purposes
- The software for the solution of a number of tasks in geology and subsurface use is created.
- Methods, algorithms, and software for intellectual navigation and telecommunication control systems of underwater objects are developed
N Markov is the author of more than 340 scientific works, 9 monographs, 5 manuals and the textbooks.