The university has been actively developing a student mobility since early 2000th. The Centre of International Academic Programmes (current name) is a university department in charge of academic mobility. Currently CIAP is working with 72 partner universities from 22 countries under terms of on bilateral agreements. TPU is also cooperating with European and Russian universities in framework of Erasmus Mundus programme, with its partners from international association CESAER, CLUSTER, T.I.M.E., IUA, EAIE, etc.
About hundred international students study at TPU every year within academic mobility programmes. Students from all over the world are attracted to TPU by the international status of the university and variety of courses available in English.
CIAP provides TPU students with Diploma Supplements, it is responsible for analysis and recognition of foreign educational documents, development and support of Double Degree programmes and short-term programmes for international and TPU students. CIAP main functions:
- Coordination of exchange programmes for students.
- Coordination of Erasmus Mundus cooperation.
- Coordination of Double Degree Master's programmes.
- Coordination of T.I.M.E. membership
- Study and use of leading foreign universities experience for improvement of TPU academic programmes and development of new ones.
- Development of new agreements and programmes of academic cooperation with foreign universities.
- Issue of Diploma Supplements.
- Confirmation, acknowledgement and equivalence ascertainment of educational documents.