Abstract of the discipline:
The syllabus on «Mathematics 1.1» is designed at the Department of Higher Department and Department of Higher Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Tomsk Polytechnic University. The syllabus is intended for first-year students of Institute of Physics and Technology and Institute of Power Engineering.
The goal of the discipline is
- training in the basics of mathematical knowledge;
- acquiring experience in constructing mathematical models;
- conducting the necessary calculations within the constructed models;
- using of mathematical symbols for calculation of limits and derivatives.
Structure of the course:
- Linear algebra
- Vector algebra
- Analytical geometry
- Introduction to analysis. Theory of limits. Differential calculus